Introduction and Welcome

Hello to Old Friends and New Friends!

Welcome to my Bead Designs Log, where I describe bead creations I have made and some backstory and inspirations where applicable.

I am creating this blog to have a place to show pictures of what I have made. At this time, some of these pictures are scans. I explain this because sometimes the colors are not "true"; and I will say so in the accompanying captions. When the time comes to re-photograph these items, I will replace or addend the pictures where I can.

It is also a place to solicit comments on my work. Please be kind. This is the closest I have ever come to having a gallery exhibition!

Enjoy!

All pictures, photos, scans, designs, and descriptions are copyrighted to the author!!
>>>>>MPK

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Imperial Cream


A beautiful green cabochon of Imperial Jasper from Mexico is the centerpiece of this bracelet. It is surrounded by natural fossil stone round beads and selected Ocean Jasper pebbles. There are some tiny AB beige Czech #15 beads scattered around the center stone and the remainder paved with matte cream #11 beads. The pale green stone cabochon is so highly polished that it reflects the sky in the photo, The clasp is an Ocean Jasper bead. When laying out the design, I opted for not wanting competing color in the remainder of the bracelet. I find pastel colors difficult: it is too easy to turn them into baby rainbows or something The Easter Bunny would drool over. I think I avoided that with this bracelet, though. 9-08 >>MPK

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mary you have been busy this summer.
I really like stormy north.
Please bring them to fencing class, it always better to see them in real.
You are very talented!
Myriam

MPK said...

Thank you! I will.