Introduction and Welcome

Hello to Old Friends and New Friends!

Welcome to my Bead Designs Log, where I describe bead creations I have made and some backstory and inspirations where applicable.

I am creating this blog to have a place to show pictures of what I have made. At this time, some of these pictures are scans. I explain this because sometimes the colors are not "true"; and I will say so in the accompanying captions. When the time comes to re-photograph these items, I will replace or addend the pictures where I can.

It is also a place to solicit comments on my work. Please be kind. This is the closest I have ever come to having a gallery exhibition!

Enjoy!

All pictures, photos, scans, designs, and descriptions are copyrighted to the author!!
>>>>>MPK

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Experimenting with clear beads

In early 2007, I happened to be in a huge sporting goods store with time to kill. I wandered into the section for fishing lures and accessories and was immediately drawn to small spools of neon nylon "laser lemon" thread. Not really knowing what I'd do with them, I purchased three and took them home. I had a vague idea that they might be useful with transparent beads, changing the base color to create something unique. So I experimented with crystal clear beads and was so pleased by the tiny first result that I made this embellished peyote bracelet. But Oh, what a nuisance the thread turned out to be in long lengths! It split and snarled. It had to be heavily conditioned and the ends woven thoroughly into the body of the bracelet. Knots didn't hold. I was pleased with the result, but not sure I want to go back there anytime soon with this type of thread. Completed 3/2007
>>MPK

No comments: