Introduction and Welcome

Hello to Old Friends and New Friends!

Welcome to my Bead Designs Log, where I describe bead creations I have made and some backstory and inspirations where applicable.

I am creating this blog to have a place to show pictures of what I have made. At this time, some of these pictures are scans. I explain this because sometimes the colors are not "true"; and I will say so in the accompanying captions. When the time comes to re-photograph these items, I will replace or addend the pictures where I can.

It is also a place to solicit comments on my work. Please be kind. This is the closest I have ever come to having a gallery exhibition!

Enjoy!

All pictures, photos, scans, designs, and descriptions are copyrighted to the author!!
>>>>>MPK

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Bracelet - Fresh from the Sea


I rarely do simple stringing anymore but decided not to hold off on making this bracelet. A year or so ago, I purchased these unique shell beads from Meant To Bead. They are dyed, and formed around a solid core through which the hole is drilled. Their color and unique shape caught my eye. By adding the aurora borealis coated green glass beads, there was enough to form this bracelet finished off by one of Jill MacKay's magnetic clasps. Simple, fresh, comfortable to wear. Completed 7 - 11 >>MPK

No comments: