Introduction and Welcome

Hello to Old Friends and New Friends!

Welcome to my Bead Designs Log, where I describe bead creations I have made and some backstory and inspirations where applicable.

I am creating this blog to have a place to show pictures of what I have made. At this time, some of these pictures are scans. I explain this because sometimes the colors are not "true"; and I will say so in the accompanying captions. When the time comes to re-photograph these items, I will replace or addend the pictures where I can.

It is also a place to solicit comments on my work. Please be kind. This is the closest I have ever come to having a gallery exhibition!

Enjoy!

All pictures, photos, scans, designs, and descriptions are copyrighted to the author!!
>>>>>MPK

Monday, July 28, 2008

Bracelet to Necklace





This piece was completed in 10/07. I had purchased several small cabochons at a mineral show and was thinking that I wanted something autumnal in color and nature. Since I had completed the felt bracelets, my idea was to try some commercial beading felt and make a strip bracelet in the same manner as those. I cut a strip and laid out the cabs. I was thinking in terms of a vine with the cabs being fruits. I glued down and then bezeled the cabs with #15 black beads, one by one. Then I used amazonite chips to create "vines" in between them. Building on those elements, I added strips or rows of the brown and copper beads, adding carnelian chips to fill in the inconvenient gaps. When I was done with the strip, I discovered that it was a bit too long for a bracelet and besides, I thought the design screamed out for a fringe somewhere. I showed it to Mom and she looked at it and put it up to her neck and commented that it would make a nice necklace - sorta like a tie.
That was it.
The chain is a coppery mesh men's neck chain added from something else. The dark color is perfect with the piece. >>MPK

1 comment:

Denise said...

Somehow I don't remember seeing these neck pieces.
Great job Mary