Introduction and Welcome

Hello to Old Friends and New Friends!

Welcome to my Bead Designs Log, where I describe bead creations I have made and some backstory and inspirations where applicable.

I am creating this blog to have a place to show pictures of what I have made. At this time, some of these pictures are scans. I explain this because sometimes the colors are not "true"; and I will say so in the accompanying captions. When the time comes to re-photograph these items, I will replace or addend the pictures where I can.

It is also a place to solicit comments on my work. Please be kind. This is the closest I have ever come to having a gallery exhibition!

Enjoy!

All pictures, photos, scans, designs, and descriptions are copyrighted to the author!!
>>>>>MPK

Monday, July 28, 2008

Silent Movie



This bracelet surrounds an interesting cabochon of Tourmalinated Quartz. The tourmaline crystals are very striking and remind me of a sort of "black lightning". In fact that was the original title for this piece. But when I completed the hematite and silvery remainder,it just spoke to me of the Silver Screen and the elegance of the fantasies of the early age of Cinematography. I used an interesting technique for the #15 gunmetal beads where I stitched them over each other to create texture in the tiny beads. There are also clear and black drop beads as well as gunmetal dagger bead accents on the edges. Supporting the circle of clear drop beads are pearly white #15 two-cut Czech beads for just a little sparkle.>>MPK


No comments: